Saturday, January 5, 2008

I learned to felt wool!


Today was one of the most fun days of my life!  I took a felting class where I learned to wet felt and needle felt.  Coming from a sculpting background, I took to it fairly well.  I really loved the feel of the wool.  I made these cute guys and I love them!!  I fall so in love with the little characters and dollies that I've created that slowly come to life before my eyes.  

The other reason why today was so fun, was because the teacher of the class and the other student that was there were two kindred spirits.  We all became instant friends sharing so many common beliefs.  We had wonderful conversations about home schooling, green/sustainable living, buying fair trade, just to name a few.  It was very refreshing.  The class was supposed to go from 9-12 and we all stayed together until 4pm!!  The class was in our teacher's home and she even fed us the most delicious quiche and salad.  I know these ladies are going to be close friends.  I am going to teach them how to make dolls in the next couple months!!  February 2nd is our next class where we are going to learn how to wet felt a Valentine treasure box!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

These are so cute! We have just begun needle felting, too, and simply LOVE IT!