Monday, December 24, 2007

Our Christmas Eve









We had a wonderful Christmas Eve.  I had spent all day making dresses for the dolls I had made for the girls.  Craig ran errands and delivered cookies.  Grandma Ginny slaved over a hot stove making our delicious dinner.  She made her famous meatballs and pasta.  It was soooooo good!  We were so grateful for her effort.  Craig helped her a lot too.
After dinner, we went into the living room, started a fire in the fireplace and made some hot chocolate.  We then gave the girls their dolls that I had spent three solid days making. (shhhh! . . . they're still not 100% finished!)  I had promised them that they would be their Christmas present so I HAD to get them done.  The girls LOVE their new dollies!  I am so glad they do.  If you want to learn more about how I made them, check out my other blog. (suzysfairypath.blogspot.com) Anyways, they were dying to have them, they wanted to sleep with them even when they were just a bag of wool and some fabric!
After this, Grandpa read the nativity story from the scriptures while the girls and I used our Little People nativity set to present the story.  We sang primary songs and hymns at each proper place.  It was really nice.
After a quick bath, Craig read " 'Twas the night before Christmas" to the girls.  They were really tired!  The last thing we did, was leave some cookies for Santa!!

No comments: