Monday, December 31, 2007

Visiting my beautiful Mother's grave on New Years Eve




Almost all my life we have gone to the Cemetery on Christmas day to visit the graves of my Dad's mother and brother and my Mom's brother.  It may seem strange, but we loved it.  We enjoyed running up and down the hills of Forest Lawn. It was fun putting flowers on the graves.  I guess it was a good tradition for my Mom to set.  I never dreamed I would be visiting her there at my (relatively) young age!  My sisters have been here visiting my Dad and I for the past few days, so we all went out and put flowers on my Mom's, my two Grandma's and my Uncle's graves.  It was beautiful.  We even brought flowers from home, flowers my Mom had planted and loved.  I miss my Mom more than I can express--but I am happy for her.  She is in paradise and is happy and pain free.  I know I will see her again.  Afterwards, we all got dinner at Porto's, a delicious Cuban bakery and deli.

No comments: