Monday, August 3, 2009

Visiting the Rices!






We spent Sunday with the Rices. We went with them to their ward which was very nice. My girls LOVED going to primary with Tristan! Afterwards, we went to their trailer back on the farm. It was exciting to be greeted by all of their animals! They have a lot more goats and chickens than they did the last time we came to visit. The kids all had a blast playing together. They played on this motorized thing, the new swingset, and waded in the pool. It was HOT!!

We had yummy barbequed hamburgers for lunch and DELICIOUS, fresh goat's milk from Amelia. It was my first time drinking goat's milk and I was very happy to find how wonderful it is. Brieanne milks her goats every morning. Brieanne and I had a wonderful visit, just talking and talking while the kids played. Craig and Eric went to do some of Erics farm chores together-- feeding the pigs among other things. After it cooled off a bit, we took a little walk with the goats and then came back to make dinner. Brieanne made fajitas, rice and guacamole. It was so fun to be with the Rices!! I miss them being close soooooo much!

3 comments:

bwyatt said...

You have done so much lately that's great. Lot's of summer fun.

FootprintsinClay said...

Susie - I love reading your blog and seeing all the fun family activites you are involved in. It also makes me want to move to California to live in a nice temperate climate again! Your girls are just growing up so beautiful. Love ya, east coast Jen :)

chiggyz said...

I've heard that goats milk is one secret to longevity!! I miss you dear friend!