Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Dreamy Birthday











After leaving  Abuelita's at around 2:30am, Craig and I drove to a motel that he'd pricelined at the last second for $40!  It was about 12 miles from Abuelita's as opposed to 36 miles to home. Grandma was staying at our house with the girls and was letting us have the whole day out.  (I know, we are super-blessed!)  It was awesome to not have to drive so far and more than anything to get to SLEEP IN until 10am! (0ur girls wake us up at 7am.)  Motels always have the BEST dark curtains.

We were going to go back into Topanga to get quiche at Mimosa but we got sidetracked in Woodland Hills by a bakery/cafe that said one of our favorite words: "organic."  We decided to check it out.  As it turned out, it was their grand opening.  They were giving out samples of some of their items and they just kept handing us stuff!  Gazpacho, veggie soup, wraps, sandwiches, baked treats, lots of beautiful berries and lemonade-- all organic!  The food was delicious and the place was really cute.  I'm sure we'll return often.

We then peeked into some really cute shops down the way.  One had a really cute sculpture garden, another was a bead shop where I got lots of beads, (I really hope to make some great stuff with them!  I was so happy to find such gorgeous pink tourmaline.)  Another shop was a really cute art studio where they teach art classes, Creative Courage.  I bought some beautiful milagros there--they were bigger than usual--the big heart is over 5 inches.  I just love the milagro of the breastfeeding mama.  These were my birthday presents in addition to the Dead's "Shakedown Street" and Muse's "Black Holes & Revelations."

1 comment:

chiggyz said...

Your birthday sounds and looks so romantic and fun. You do the neatest things Suzy. I miss you!!! I am leaving for WI with my parents and the kids. We are going to Camilla's baptism. Wish us luck. We are driving!!!