Thursday, June 26, 2008

Humanitarian Aid Project





In my ward in my church, I am the enrichment leader.  I am in charge of the various activities and dinners we have throughout the year.  Tonight we had our humanitarian aid project.  I was so pleased with our turnout--  We had about 35 people attend!  Although I have not tallied all the numbers, we made two twin quilts, several doll blankets (to go with dolls that other ladies are making,) and we hope to complete 100 school kits that will eventually be distributed to people in need!  We loved learning to crochet and blanket-stitch the edges of the blankets.  It was a fun night.

1 comment:

chiggyz said...

I would have loved to have been there. I love quilts so much. You will make so many people feel so loved. You are so good at making people feel important and loved and valued.