Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July!


I can't believe what an AMAZING 4th of July we had! We were still down at my brother's so we went to his ward's breakfast in Coronado. The breakfast was held on the route where they have a wonderful parade! It was awesome!! And we were so lucky to get a front row seat!


The parade was HUGE. It went for at least 2 hours. It was super-patriotic. There were tons of veterans and many different groups representing our armed forces.









I have to admit, I got really choked up when I saw the Pearl Harbor survivors-- one who had received the medal of honor. How special to see these heroes who have risked their lives for our freedom!! It was overwhelming.















It was fun to see the many Shriner's driving in their tiny cars. This funny "Grand Poo-Bah" Shriner was driving this cute mini police car. The clowns were fun too.

It was an AWESOME parade. I am so glad I got to spend my 4th of July morning with my brother, my cunada Sandra, and their precious kids and at such a nice parade.

We then went back to my brother's place where we had DELICIOUS barbecued chicken and other yummy food. The kids also all went swimming one last time before we needed to get going. We also enjoyed ice cream!! We really hated to leave. My brother and his wife are the best hosts! We wish we all lived closer together (and not 130 miles apart!)

So we left around 3pm to get back home to Alhambra. We were shocked that it took us less than two hours! There was no traffic. (The same drive has taken me 4 hours many times!)










We got home to find all three of my sisters at the house with all the kids swimming. My sisters were busy making potato salad and fruit salad. We had a nice dinner-- more barbecuing. Grandma Ginny had come up too!

























When it got dark, we went to Allmansor park to watch the fireworks. Crowded, but really fun! We ended by doing our own fireworks at home! (Lala doesn't like the noise, so she stayed inside and Ceci had fallen asleep!) All the cousins had a wonderful time!

No comments: