Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Visit to my Brother's


We spent most of this weekend down at my brother's home in Imperial Beach. We had a really fun time! Craig, the girls and I and also Cindy and her boys drove down on Thursday night. We had originally planned to go to Petco park, (AKA Padres stadium,) to see the Dodgers-Padres game. But the game sold out!It was a bummer because there was a firework show planned for afterwards that we wanted to see AND the Dodgers won! Also, we wanted to see Manny Ramirez play his first night back! Oh well, we still had a wonderful visit with my brother and his family! Sandra, Cindy and I started our Friday by going to the local pool for a water aerobics class. It was really fun and seemed so easy. (I was very sore later!) The kids started their day by swimming in my brothers pool.
















We then went into the city of San Diego to check out Petco park. It was really neat! In the outfield, they have a park and even sand for kids to play in. It was fun to see the park and we hope to go down for the next Dodger-Padre game.
















We then went to Coronado and had a picnic at a beautiful park there. The kids loved playing there.















We then went back to Imperial Beach and went to the beach! We got a great picture of the kids on this neat, new surfer sculpture.







We then went back to my brothers and the kids swam some more!

We watched the Dodger game for a while on TV. Then Harold and Cindy took all the kids to the drive-in theater to see "Ice Age" (3?) and "Up." It was a super-full and fun day!

No comments: