Sunday, August 26, 2007

Visiting the beautiful Anne Goodrich in Portland!








After the Saturday Market, we drove up to Portland to see our very dear friend, Anne Goodrich.  We LOVE her!!!  I went to BYU with her and we shared a studio space in the ceramics lab.  We had somewhat lost touch over the years, but after seeing Anne, it was easy to reconnect and it was like we'd been in touch all along.  Anne reminds me of a side of myself that I miss very much, and seeing her brought it out in me.  Anne is a very talented artist (ceramic sculptor) and high school teacher.  Everything she touches turns to gold--including food!!  She made us the most delicious breakfast and then a delectable picnic!  Her condo looks like an art gallery.  Anne emits art and beauty.  We spent 2 wonderful days with her.   We had a picnic at the Portland Rose Gardens and then got crepes and dinner in the city.  That day will go down in history as one of the funnest and yummiest days of my life!!  The next day we got to visit her at her high school where she teaches.  It was very obvious that Anne is a fantastic teacher!!  I love you, Anne!

No comments: