Friday, April 11, 2008

Ceci's Cake



For Ceci's birthday I made the most DELICIOUS cake. (and pretty healthy!)  I can brag about it because its Susan KB's recipe. (She made it for my birthday last year!) I have to share it!  I think its called "Yogurt Cheesecake."

I started with 2 27 oz. containers of plain yogurt.  I poured them into a cheesecloth and let the water drain out overnight.  (I put it in a stock pot with the lid closed tight and by pulling the cloth up, the yogurt was suspended giving room for the water to drain.) This makes the yogurt have a cream cheese consistency.  

Because it was plain yogurt, I needed to sweeten and flavor it.  I put in some agave and vanilla extract to taste.

I then made a graham cracker crust with two cups of crumbs, 3/4 of a stick of  butter and 1/4 cup of agave.  I pressed it into a pie dish and baked it for about 10 mins at 325.

Right before I served it, I put the yogurt into the crust.  I then decorated the top with tons of strawberries, kiwis, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries that I had glazed in more agave!! The result was unbelievably delicious!! I need to make this way more often.


4 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh, holy cow. That looks delicious!

saskia said...

mmmm that looks good, we make our own graham crackers- quite yummy!

chiggyz said...

Suzy--That looks like the best birthday cake ever!!!!!! I wish I had a piece right this minute!!!!!It's a piece of art!!! I can't believe that Ceci is already 2. That is amazing. Give her a big birthday kiss and hug for me. Her party looks soooooooo fun. I miss you and I'm jealous Cindy gets to see you this weekend.

susan said...

when I saw the cake ceci was blowing out, i thought what an amazing looking beautiful cake!...and now scrolling down I found out what it was. YUMMMMMMM! I could eat this every day with you, and it sounds like you perfected it!