Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lala's 5th Birthday!! (part 2) Fruit Skewers & Valentine Home School Party










Today was Lala's real birthday!  We celebrated yesterday so that we could go to our home school group's Valentine party that I was sort of in charge of.  I had asked everybody to go light on the sugar so I felt like I needed to be a good example.  I decided to make a fruit skewer bouquet and cake!  We literally worked all morning on them!!  It takes a loooong time to cut all that fruit!  The girls loved helping.  (Especially eating all the scraps!)  We barely got to the party on time.  I packed the bouquet only to realize I had not snapped a picture of it.  So I unpacked it and sort knocked it off  balance.  So its not as straight as I would have liked it!  We got to sing to Lala right away.  I know she felt very special surrounded by lots of friends.  (I'm sure she thought the whole thing was for her.)  The Valentine party was very successful and very fun--only too much sugar! The girls got tons of valentines and loved being with their friends.

5 comments:

saskia said...

I love your daughters' shirts!

Tammy said...

Those are the cutest snacks I have ever seen. I'm going to have to remember this idea down the road! :)

Brenda said...

Those fruit things are beautiful!!!! Are they hard to make?

susan said...

you are so talented! I want to copy you!!! Food has never looked more beautiful or delicious!

chiggyz said...

that is the cutest birthday party i have ever seen!!! i love the bouquet!!! Adorable lala!!!!