Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What a fun project!!







Today I taught the girls to felt!  (I had been unsure if I should, because I didn't want them to poke themselves too much with the needle!)  We decided to make some hearts and used cookies cutters to hold the shape in.  We started by needle felting the hearts and then ended up wet felting to make them tighter and smoother.  The girls LOVED it!  ( I LOVED it!)  We poked our fingers a few times and used lots of lavender oil, but ultimately they came out super-cute!  We then sewed the hearts together to make little pouch necklaces.  They immediately filled them with acorn cups and favorite pebbles.  After we were done, I realized this was not only their first time felting, but also their first time sewing!!  I'm so proud of my little girls!

1 comment:

susan said...

wow! What beautifull hearts! I wish we could be there to go to your amazing homeschool!