Friday, January 9, 2009

Highlights from this past week . . .

The Huntington with Brieanne






It was a beautiful day at a beautiful place. The kids had a blast together.































New Flannel Boards








We got these awesome new flannel boards from Paper, Scissors, Stone. They are 18x24. You can take wool and make pictures on them. As you can see, the girls really enjoyed them!!









Three Kings Day


January 6th is when many people celebrate the three kings visiting baby Jesus. One Latin tradition is to make (or buy) a sweet bread called "pan de rosca" that has a little baby Jesus hidden somewhere inside. One lucky person gets to find the baby in their slice of bread. To honor this tradition, we made some cornbread to go with our chili for dinner tonight. After the girls and I made the batter, Craig and I stuck a little baby inside without the girls seeing. Lala was the lucky winner!!

5 comments:

Tammy said...

YAY for Lala! :)

Krista Lou Cook said...

That sounds really fun! I love the flannel boards. Also the really cute pictures they made.

chiggyz said...

So did you bake the cornbread with the baby in it? I want your recipe!!! What was the baby made out of? What a fun tradition!!!

chiggyz said...

The flannel boards are adorable. What creative kids you have. Can I get them on line?

Beth said...

Oh! We had so much fun with those fannel boards when my older kids were little - why haven't I got them out for my younger two? I know what we are doing today...Thanks for the reminder! And what lovely pictures your girls made! Enchanting!