Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A beach day with the Klevens!









So my sister Cindy and her family were in town for Yazi's baptism and today we got to go to the beach together! We ended up going to Manhattan Beach which is one of our favorites. The kids had a blast playing in the sand and the waves. It was a beautiful sunny day. Cindy and I got to talk which was nice--I hadn't realized how long it had been since we had! I got really sunburned on my face! :( (I'm such a vulnerable white girl.) It hurts!


Anyways, after the beach, we went up the hill a couple blocks and met my dad at the Kettle for an early dinner. It was very nice. The kids loved the coloring page and crayons they got! We all got some really great French onion soup which the Kettle is famous for. We then walked down the hill to the Creamery (where we just went last Friday with Anne!) and got ice cream. It is such a cute place and the kids had so much fun being together eating their yummy ice cream. At this ice cream shop, you can literally see the ocean from where we were sitting eating our ice cream. It's really cool. After the ice cream, we went and watched the sun set before we packed up to go and said our goodbyes. The Klevens were driving straight back to Utah! I hate saying goodbye, but it was a really good day and a good visit. I love you Cindy!

2 comments:

cynthia said...

yea!! Your photos turned out really nice! My kids love looking at them and saying everyones names, especially Zeke. Ya know, I don't think he could really recognize any cousins except Yvonne's kids before this trip. But now he gets excited to see Bella, Lala, and Ceci! I love you Suzy!! I am getting so excited to plant!! We need to exchange ideas about what we are planting. I got some swiss chard seeds for nostolgic reasons. Do you ever use arugula?? Love you!

chiggyz said...

What a fun trip to the beach!!! I love the pictures and how fun that you got to see Cindy and Doug and Co. I miss you!!! They started Sherlock Holmes at The Beehive Tea Room. It's so fun!!!