Monday, March 2, 2009

A visit from Annie




My dear friend Anne Goodrich came to visit me last week. We were at BYU together and shared a studio space in the ceramics building which was a wonderful time. We had so much fun back then making art. (Okay, and stressing out!) I LOVE her!! She lives in Portland, is an amazing artist, (sculptor) a high school art teacher and just lives beautifully. She was here for a conference at the Convention Center. I got to have her in the morning and the evening for two days. She brought me these yummy chocolate covered lavender caramels topped with sea salt. They were DELICIOUS!! The label was so cute, I had to blog it.


I was so happy to take her to our local farmers market. We had a blast tasting yummy things and she even bought us this gorgeous tart!! We enjoyed elote, samosas, and more.



Believe it or not, we took the kids home to Craig and Anne and I went to President Thai because it's the best Thai ever. We went a little crazy and ordered A LOT!! Craig was so happy with the leftovers and we even had more for leftovers the next day. It was soooooo good!










For breakfast the next day, I took her to Heirloom bakery in South Pasadena. I knew she would love it. We had a super delicious breakfast-- an omelette, a Spanish tortilla and some kind of bread pudding. YUM!! And the desserts were killer!! Anne and I have always bonded over beautiful, delicious food. It was so fun to take her to my favorite places.













For our second night together, we all drove out to Manhattan Beach just in time to see the sun set. We walked out on the pier and then on the beach-- Anne and the girls put their feet in the water! We had such a great time--it was windy! We then went to an adorable ice cream shop and got home made ice cream. (I got nutella flavor which is their specialty.) I'm hoping Anne will come out to visit more often!! Her stay was too short! I love you, Annie. To see some pics of when we visited Anne in Portland almost 2 years ago, click here.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

What a nice visit! So fun to see old friends, isn't it? My college roommate, Cyndi, drives up here every now and then, and we got to visit her when we went to California in the fall of 07.

Fun post to read and see. :)