Monday, March 2, 2009

Yazi's Baptism






So last Saturday was my adorable niece Yazi's baptism. She is my big brother's oldest daughter. We drove down to Imperial Beach where my brother lives for the baptism. My girls were soooooooooooooooooo happy to see their cousins!! It has been quite a while. I made Yazi a little bracelet of pearls and crystals with a heart clasp for a gift. It looked very pretty with her dress. It was a wonderful service! It started with us all singing "My Heavenly Father loves me" which brought the Holy Spirit so strongly. Not only is that song beautiful, but it reminds us all of my mom. We could feel her presence there, too. 

Next, Yazi's Aunt Yazmin gave a talk on baptism and then Ari and Yazi sang "When I am Baptized." They were amazing. They sounded so pretty! Then my brother baptized Yazi. Afterwards, my Dad gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and then I was honored to sing "The Holy Ghost." I was so happy that they asked me to. Then, my brother gave Yazi the gift of the Holy Ghost. We ended with a song and a prayer. It was such a special service.

We then had a little dinner and cake in the cultural hall. All the cousins had a blast running around together playing. It was so nice to all be together. I'm so proud of my brother and what a good husband and father he is. I am also amazed at my sister-in -law, Sandra and what a great wife and mother she is. They are a great team and family.

1 comment:

chiggyz said...

What beautiful baptism pictures!!! I love the gift you gave her. You are so talented and so giving. I love and miss you!!!