Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Elves Faire


















We LOVE the Elves Faire which is held every November at the Pasadena Waldorf School. Our first time was only two years ago where I first discovered the beauty and magic of Waldorf. Now I feel like I wait all year for this fair to come. The fair has so much to offer! There are wonderful handmade toys to buy, beautiful crafts to make, live music performed in every corner, puppet shows, plays, great food and a sweet tea garden where you can dress up and have a tea party.

I was so excited that my dear friend Susan and her little boy came to visit from Utah and could come with us! I was also excited that Brieanne was coming too with her little ones! It was the first time for both of them to come to the Elves Faire and I knew they would love it. We were so happy to find our girlfriend Lorell and her little ones too. We started by checking out all the beautiful handmade dolls in the doll room. Meanwhile, Craig took some of the kids to wait in the (loooooong) line for the angel room where they could pick out little handmade presents to give for Christmas. While they waited, the kids were serenaded by none other than the actor, John C. Riley, playing his guitar. He sang "She'll be comin' round the mountain" and changed the words to fit what our kids were wearing which was cute. ( She'll be wearing a rainbow cape when she comes . . .")

After this, we went to make some flower fairies which my girls and I thoroughly enjoyed making! We saw many, many friends--almost all of our Waldorf home schooling group and other home schooling and church friends. It was wonderful. Then the girls decorated tin cups. We then went up to check out some of the games in the play ground area where Bella and Lala played the fishing game a few times while Ceci napped. We then went to see the Waldorf band (my friends who I sing with sometimes) perform and I got to sing a couple songs with them which was soooooooo much fun. We did "How Sweet it is" and "Dear Prudence." This was perfect because I really wanted to sing with them, but really wanted to be with my family. (Last year, I sang with my band for like four hours which was super-fun, but I regretted not being with my girls more.) By this time, the fair was almost over and we wanted to have a tea party before it was too late. This was the kind of day where everything went too fast and we only got to do some and not all of the things we wanted to do! But we had a wonderful tea party with Lorell and her famiy. Next thing we knew, it was over. To squeeze a little more out of the fun, we then found our other Waldorf home schooling friends and hung out until it was dark! I wish it would have lasted longer!!

5 comments:

Tara said...

You have such BEAUTIFUL girls! How old are they now?

Lisa said...

I am SO happy I found you and your sisters again, I have always known you to be amazing and so creative, and it is wonderful to have a peek into your beautiful life! Thanks for reading, and thanks for sharing, my life is better for knowing you and now I get to be in contact again!

Brenda said...

Is this a different band or Morning Glory?! Everyone looks beautiful and it looks very fun too!

chiggyz said...

This fair sounds like soooooo much fun. I would have loved it. I totally believe in fairies--I must have some Irish in me. I believe in elves too. It looks so magical. I love John C. Riley too. I wish I could have heard you sing. You have an incredible voice and you do the neatest things with your kids.

cynthia said...

I love the rainbow capes!!