Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving




We felt very blessed that our friends, the Frasers invited us to spend Thanksgiving with them at their home in La Jolla. I had been planning on cooking at home but at the last minute I realized my dad was going to go to my sister's in Utah and then my mother-in-law decided she would go see her sister when she found out some of us had colds! So we drove down and were spoiled by Monique and Tom's hospitality and DELICIOUS cooking! The girls were THRILLED that they got to play with their "big brother" Standing. They had a blast with him and got to play with his collection of ugly dolls before dinner. After dinner, we got to watch another great Miyazaki film, "Howl's Moving Castle" while eating the BEST apple pie I've ever had (made by Monique-- And I'm not exaggerating!) The next day, the girls had more fun with Standing. He made them some awesome balloon animals!
We went to see Craig's aunt Lena and his cousin, Cheri who I got to meet for the first time. We had a wonderful visit and we look forward to seeing them again soon.

3 comments:

chiggyz said...

What a fun Thanksgiving!!!! Hi to Tom and Monique. They are such wonderful friends.

cynthia said...

I love the Frasers!

Bill said...

Standing looks just like Tommy-Bob these days. Where is Pierra?

I can confirm Monique is a great person and a great cook.