Sunday, November 2, 2008

!Feliz Dia de los Muertos!






























































































Today is Dia de los Muertos. Last night we went to the cemetery in Hollywood called "Hollywood Forever" for a huge, beautiful exhibit of Dia de los Muertos altars. It was amazing! I LOVED seeing all the wonderful altars and it was very artistically inspiring. I hope some of my pictures do these works of art justice! I know I've put a lot of pictures here but these are just a small few of what we saw.  If you get the chance, you MUST check this out next year! Only keep in mind that this place gets as crowded as Disneyland in July! Wow, was it crowded.

The other great thing to do is go to Olvera Street.  We went there on Thursday night because we needed to get our sugar skulls.  We were fortunate to see a beautiful Dia de los Muertos procession.   The last two photos are from that.  I love Olvera Street!  So many happy memories there!

Wishing you all a wonderful Dia de los Muertos remembering your loved ones who have passed on, celebrating their love and life.

3 comments:

cynthia said...

Wow!!! This is sooooooo cool!!! I wish I had a Dia De Los Muertos celebration to go to!! Love the music too! Ok, I am going to try put put more pics on my blog too.

Echo said...

oh man, send me some of those cute blouses

chiggyz said...

I love that you guys celebrated this amazing holiday. You look gorgeous. All of you. Fun pictures.