Sunday, August 3, 2008

A great day


























Yesterday I woke up to find four copies of the new book "Breaking Dawn" on our dining room table. WHEEEEEE WHOOOOOOO!!! My sisters went to Border's the night before at midnight to get them!! Yay!! So I started my day by reading the first 8 chapters or so and wow, it is good! And VERY surprising, I must say (so far.) Later, we went with my Dad, Cindy and our friend Jaime to Olvera Street for lunch. It was super fun. Cindy, Jaime and I love to go there together when she visits. Then last night Craig and I went to the free Alhambra Foreigner concert. It was sooooooo good! The singer, Kelly Hansen, was amazing. He's not the original singer (that was Lou Gramm) but he sang as well if not better! The only original band member was Mick Jones. He was AWESOME! He co-wrote most of their hits (which were MANY.) He played all the very memorable guitar and keyboard leads. The drummer was Jason Bonham (son of John Bonham, of Led Zeppelin.) Foreigner takes me back to 8th grade and before. I'll never forget when "I've been waiting for a girl like you" came out from "Foreigner 4." And "Urgent!" Wow! The synthesizer is sooooo new wave! If you'd like to hear it, click here. Here's a list of the songs they did:
Double Vision
Head Games
Cold as Ice
Waiting for a girl like you
Too Late
Dirty White Boy
Say you will
Star Rider
Feels like the first time
Drum Solo/Kashmir
Urgent
Encore:
Juke Box Hero/Whole lotta love
I wanna know what love is
Hot Blooded



















It was sooooo awesome!!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Aaaahhhh.....Foreigner....yes that brings back memories too!

And I'm so jealous of you with your new book! ;)

chiggyz said...

You dog!!! I love Foreigner!!! I love the song--I've Been Waiting." You are so lucky you got to see them. Sweet. I miss you so much. We just got back from Denver. I love you and thanks for your comments on my blog.