Sunday, August 24, 2008

The next day :)













We were so happy to wake up in our campsite.  Our goal of the day was to make sure we could stay another night but I have to admit, it wasn't looking good.  For breakfast, we had more scrambled eggs, and we also had some yogurt with blueberries sweetened with maple syrup.  Yum!  I went to hang out in the tent and I seriously think I might have fallen asleep for 1 1/2 hours while Craig went to make some phone calls with Ceci!!  The sweetest thing was that our next door neighbors were super nice and had three kids that came to play with my girls.  There was Tricia, 8, Ellie, 6, and Joseph, 5.  As I sort of slept, I could hear these darling children playing and pretending together.  I know they were pretending to make meatballs with some big seeds they'd found on the ground.

When Craig got back, we found out that the park was completely booked and there was no way we could stay.  :(  But then,  a HUGE blessing fell out of the sky!!  Our dear friend Angie, (a friend and relative by marriage) came by and offered to share her campsite with us!  (I forgot to mention earlier that on our first day at Big Sycamore I ran into her and her husband Mike and their children.  She is my sister Brenda's husband's sister!!!  Angie is one of the sweetest people I have ever met in my life. (I really mean that.)  And she and her family were camping only one campsite away!!  WHAT A BLESSING!!! (Thank you again Angie and Mike!!)  So Craig sent the girls and I off to the beach and moved our campsite to theirs.  Heavenly Father really does answer prayers!

So the girls and I went to the beach and shortly after Craig joined us.  We had a fantastic time making sand castles and digging trenches and filling them with water.  Unfortunately, my camera battery died so I missed out on a few pics.  But we had so much fun!  Ceci buried Lala. Bella dug a hole for Ceci.  I got pretty sunburnt.  

When it got late, we took hot showers that were amazing and then we went back to the campsite to make some spaghetti for dinner.  It was really yummy.  We then spent the rest of our night hanging with Angie and the family.  The kids played games together and then we roasted marshmallows and made more s'mores!  It was truly so nice to spend time together because I love Angie so much and she is also a fellow home schooler.  So we had plenty to talk about. Next time we plan to hang out not by accident!

1 comment:

cynthia said...

That is CRAZY that you ended up with Angie and her family!!!