Sunday, August 24, 2008

A nice night











So after the beach and showers, we still needed to put up our tent. Craig and the girls worked on that while I made some dinner. We had chili and couscous. And even though yes, it was from a can, I still felt a little like Caroline Ingalls cooking on my camp stove. Sweet Craig let the girls help him put up and then stake the tent (even though it really didn't need staking :) ) We then enjoyed our meal and soon it was dark and Craig played his guitar for us. (I played mine a little too.) The girls got to roast marshmallows (I had not planned to buy any--but felt so bad not to! So yes, we made s'mores.) I even tasted one myself--but it was too icky sweet for me! We had a very nice night-- and after we went to bed, we heard some noise in our bags. The culprit was this cute raccoon!

3 comments:

susan said...

holy smokes, a racoon.!

You are a modern caroline wilder.

cynthia said...

What!!?? Too icky sweet!!? We made smores like 4 times on our camping trip! Yum!!
Those dolfin pic's are amazing!!

Tammy said...

Oh my gosh.......your camping trip sounds better and better the further I read! lol