Sunday, August 10, 2008

Nina's Shower and Summertime Fun












I didn't realize yesterday was going to be so much fun. Yvonne and I were invited to our dear friend Nina's baby shower and we thought it was going to be your typical baby shower with a bunch of ladies. Nina was our next door neighbor growing up and her parents are still our wonderful neighbors. Anyways, her shower was a HUGE party of ladies, men and children at a delicious local Indian Restaurant. So it turned out I could bring Craig and the kids! Nina and all her family were dressed in their beautiful sparkling traditional Indian clothing. (We felt so boring and underdressed!) But, oh my goodness, was the food good!! Samosas, chutney, rice, saag, curried lentils and califlower, naan, and mango lassis. YUM!! There was rockin' Indian music playing and we played lots of fun games--Yvonne and I even won one together! We enjoyed catching up with Nina and can't believe she's going to be a mommy in only 10 days!! I wish I had the pictures from Nina's wedding 5 years ago--Can you imagine how fun that was?


After the shower, we went swimming. I think this is the first time Craig and I have been in the pool together this summer. He rarely gets in he works so much. We had so much fun playing with our girls (and Sophia and Mila too.) Yvonne got this picture of us.








Next thing we knew it was time to go to our ward picnic. I wish I had more pictures from it. We ate more yummy food and visited with our friends. The kids got to play "Pin the nose on the clown," and they got to hit a pinata! We raced together in a couple three-legged races. Afterwards, all the kids got bubbles. It was really mellow and fun.



I'm not sure how it happened, but Craig and I ended up at the free Kenny Loggins concert.  We hadn't really planned on going.  But yes, he did "Danger Zone" and "Footloose!"  :)

7 comments:

Rajeshree said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pdore said...

No one plans to go to a Kenny Loggins concert, but that's how it starts. Can't wait for the fab 4 next week! Beautiful pictures - I bet that Indian food was amazing!

Unknown said...

Suzy...I check your blog every so often and it always makes me smile. Your family is SO BEAUTIFUL. How is it that we have lived near you for almost a year now and we still haven't gotten together. I am a bad friend! Can we please get together soon!?!?! love, Becki

susan said...

Yummmmmm! What a beautiful baby shower and fun day.

saskia said...

How fun, and the food sounds incredible

chiggyz said...

Suzy--That baby shower looks like so much fun. The food sounds so good. What a beautiful picture of you and your family in the pool. Yvonne did a great job on that one. Your ward party looks like fun and Kenny Loggins--WOW!!! What a party. I love Footloose and I love his music. He has done some really fun children's music too. I miss you so much. You do so many fun things all the time.

cynthia said...

I am soooo jelous! I wish I could have gone! To Nina's baby shower, I mean, NOT the kenny loggins show!haha!