Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ojai

We LOVE Ojai. We went straight to our favorite place-- "The Farmer and the Cook" for lunch which serves all organic and grown-on-their-farm food!! When we walked in, they were playing live Grateful Dead which was pretty cool. We got soup, salad, and delicious treats. I hope my band can someday play there--they have live music every weekend. We passed by this cute car and I just had to get a picture. A Starry Night is one of my favorite paintings. We then went to check out this great store called "Earth play Ecostore" that sells all eco friendly clothing (mostly organic) and other household items. I got Ceci a couple of cute things there. The owners are an awesome couple with 2 cute little boys. We then went to Libby park to play for a while. The girls had so much fun!! We hung out till it got dark. We then went to our other favorite place-- Boccali's-- to get pizza and the best strawberry shortcake you've ever had in your life!!! Really! And what a perfect ending to such an (almost) perfect vacation!!



































5 comments:

pdore said...

Man, that looked like a fun (and lucky) trip! It made me want to go camping - and play at The Farmer and the Cook!

susan said...

gllI love Ojai! We'll have to visit there soon.

chiggyz said...

You guys have the cutest family!!! What magical memories!!!

Bill said...

I owned a VW Thing (like the Starry Night car in your photos) for a while in Portland, only mine was white with a black top and interior.

Most people never look at me the same after I tell them this, but Of all the cars I've owned over the years, that is the one I miss the most.

Suzy said...

Bill, you are the vw guy. You have had every kind of vw imaginable.
I remember the FL to CA Karman Ghia(sp?) trip with the fondest of memories. We could write a book about that one.
Craig