Friday, August 29, 2008

This was cute

Yesterday was a nice day.  I spent most of my time arranging my curriculum and school supply choices. (It's so exciting to be getting back into school and routine!)  While I worked on that, the girls had fun building a fort between the couches with lots of blankets and quilts.  When Daddy got home, we went to the farmer's market for some fantastic produce--everything is so ripe and sweet right now!  Then I had to hurry off to my Enrichment meeting with the sisters in my ward (I'm actually the leader :) )  Some of us are starting a crochet group and then I ended up teaching a class (on the fly) on how to lead music.  We had arranged for someone else to teach it, but she wasn't able to make it.  I only bring this up, because it was so much fun!!  I really enjoyed teaching the 2/4, 3/4, and 4/4 patterns while we sang hymns together.  The sisters enjoyed it too--I think it was mostly because the songs we sang are so beautiful and we were harmonizing together.  I kept thinking we should just sing together more often.  I know we all felt the spirit very strongly. :)

So the cute thing is what I found when I got home.  Craig and the girls were on the couch in the living room where their fort was still all set up.  (I had told them earlier they could sleep there for the night.)  All the lights were off and Craig was reading "Little House on the Prairie" to them by flashlight. It just hit me how blessed I am to have such a sweet husband.  He reads to our girls every night--the Bible or the Book of Mormon, and "Mary and Laura" as they call it.  It was just such a nice scene--I had to share it.


You may have tangible wealth untold;
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be--
I had a Mother (AND Father) who read to me.

--Strickland Gillilan


4 comments:

Brenda said...

What a beautiful scene, . . . as I listen to my children shout and fight in the background! But T also just said "I love you Mom" about 75 times. So it all evens out!

Tammy said...

Oh, such a nice scene to come home to! You have a beautiful family. ;)

chiggyz said...

He is such a great husband and father!!! I'm so glad you married him!!!!!!!

susan said...

What a beautiful scene and memory.