Friday, April 10, 2009

Ceci's 3rd Birthday




Today was Ceci's 3rd birthday. I have NO IDEA how these 3 years went by so fast. They are the fastest 3 years of my life! How I cherish and adore my little Ceci. How I love her! She is such a fun little baby to have and so funny and cute!
We started our day by having a delicious late breakfast at our favorite breakfast place--Heirloom Bakery in South Pasadena. We got some desserts to share and sang "Happy Birthday" to Ceci (for the first time!)

Afterwards, we drove to Olvera Street. We love to go there and we thought it would be a fun place to hang out for the day. We also needed to go there to get some new dresses for the girls for Easter! I LOVE Mexican clothing and I had in mind just what I wanted. When we got there, Ceci had fallen asleep. So I took the older girls and we went to find our dresses. After a bit of browsing we found exactly what I was hoping to find.

I believe they are called "Cinco de Mayo" dresses and they are BEAUTIFUL! I actually bought them at a store where I remember my mom and my grandma buying things from. And I even got myself a blouse to match with the girls. By the time we were done, little Ceci had woken up. We all met up again and enjoyed the wonderful atmosphere for a while. We then went back to the same store to try a dress on Ceci. She loved it so much, she didn't want to take it off!! And she looked liked such an angel in it! But we did finally get it off of her. At one point, she was in just a diaper which was hilarious!

We then went and got some churros. They were delicious! You can get them filled with crema, dulce de leche, and fresa. YUM. We shared one of each. We then went up to the plaza and heard some cumbia music--we danced for a little while. We then went back to the shops and Bella and Lala each got a fan and Ceci got a little flute.


















By this time, it was time for dinner. We went to our very favorite--"La luz del dia" for carnitas. They are the best!

After this it was time to go-- (Craig and I had a secret errand to run with the Easter Bunny.) On our way out, Ceci got to talk to Grandma Ginny on the phone which I thought made a really cute picture. On our drive home, we got to see a rainbow! It had been kinda gloomy all day, but then the sun came out and made this lovely treat! It felt so appropriate for Ceci's birthday!

After our errand, we went to our local bakery, "Perfectly Sweet" where we got a strawberry shortcake and sang to Ceci again. Then we went home where she opened her present of a new set of colorful blocks. She and her sister LOVED them! Happy Birthday to my sweet, baby Cecilia!

1 comment:

bwyatt said...

What a fun day. I love Olvera St. and your dresses on Easter were beautiful.