Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Home School Easter Party





Today was our Easter Party with our home schooling friends. What a wonderful day!! (I was super-happy because I'd found out that my pictures were recovered.) Weather-wise it was also a very pretty day. We started by having girl scouts. Today, Daisies and Brownies were combined and they played relay races. After girl scouts, the girls got to do a craft that a mom brought to share-- each painted a wooden tulip that became a refrigerator magnet.

Then we gathered the kids to hear the Easter story which was told very beautifully by one of the moms. While the kids listened, we moms went and hid eggs for a hunt. We had all brought a dozen for each or our kids. After the story, we had the hunt! My older girls took off fast to find their eggs. I got to follow Ceci at her little (almost) 3 year-old pace. She loved finding her eggs. Afterwards, the girls enjoyed opening their eggs together. There was candy, stickers, tattoos etc. It was a very nice party and I'm so thankful for such a wonderful home school group.

No comments: