Wednesday, April 22, 2009

HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!!








Hope everybody has a wonderful Earth day celebrating this beautiful planet our Lord so lovingly created for us. May we cherish it and be the responsible caretakers we should be!










What a fun Earth Day we had! Lately, our days begin and end with little chickies and today was no exception. We've been bringing them outside during the day to enjoy the outdoors. The girls LOVE them! Ceci wore her new "Green is the new black" t-shirt and Lala wore her "Organic Rocks!" t-shirt for the occasion. :) (I bought these organic t-shirts at Sears of all places! But sadly, they didn't have them in Bella's size.) We had circle time outside and I read the story of the creation from our children's Bible. Then we sang two very fitting songs:

My Heavenly Father Loves Me
Whenever I hear the song of a bird, or look at the blue, blue sky
Whenever I feel the rain on my face, or the wind as it rushes by
Whenver I touch a velvet rose, or walk by our lilac tree
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world,
Heavenly Father created for me!

He gave me my eyes that I might see the color of butterfly wings
He gave me my ears that I might hear the magical sound of things
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart
I thank Him reverently
For all His creations of which I'm a part
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me!

and

This Pretty Planet
This pretty planet, spinning through space
Your garden, your harbor, your holy place
Golden sun going down
Gentle blue giant, spin us around
All through the night,
Safe 'til the morning light!

I LOVE that our archway is in FULL BLOOM right now! How perfect for Earth day! My mom planted these purple flowers (I have no idea what they are, but they always make her presence strongly felt. ) They also make me think of the quote, "The earth laughs in flowers." Aren't they wonderful??







We decided to gather all the flower seeds we had and to plant them! Most of them were collected from different eco-fesitvals we've been to. We planted California Poppies, Cosmos, and then some unknown wildflower packets in our front yard with our roses. Then we planted Marigolds with our tomatoes. It was fun, although a little hot for planting. Today the girls had their Armory drama class so we soon headed off for that. During their class I went to the Rudolf Steiner bookstore in Old Town Pasadena where I bought the cutest book, "The Sun Seed." I thought it was a wonderful Earth Day book. The illustrations are amazing because they are made from felted wool! Afterwards, I went to Whole Foods where I got us some yummy chocolate Earth balls. I just couldn't resist for Earth day! We enjoyed them with some tangerines after dinner! For story time, we got to read our new book. :) (And then it was time for LOST!)

Happy Earth Day! Let's make every day Earth Day!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm so far behind on my blog reading, lol.

Off to see what you have been up to! :)

Brenda said...

WOW!! That playlist TOTALLY ROCKS! It rocks at rocking! How do I even begin to name my favorites? I had forgotten entirely about some of them. I especially loved listening to every verse of "Angie Baby." Weird song I used to love. LOVED Andy Gibb. "Fox on the Run" awesome. I'm going to start putting your playlist on every time I'm working on the computer -- don't change it! It reminds me of my Disco Duck album and that "Mr. Jaws" parody with a bunch of song clips! You are awesome!

Suzy said...

Brenda, it brings me joy to know how much you love my playlist! I have the biggest smile on my face! Of course, I associate you with most of these songs so I've been dying to hear what you thought of it!! Didn't we have the best childhood? Some of these songs just take me right back. And some of them are from my very earliest memories--when I was just figuring out what the radio was! I keep picturing us all out at the pool listening to them. If you think of any I should add, let me know! I'm constantly thinking of new ones! Just yesterday, dad reminded me of "Cat's in the Cradle!" (How could I have forgotten?!) Dad's loving it too! :) I LOVED that Disco Duck album! I'm going to have to make a disco playlist next. But maybe an old school cholo one first? I LOOOOOOOOOVE music!! I loooooove you! Can't wait 'til the next time we can sing "Evergreen" together! Love, Suzy