Thursday, April 30, 2009

Claremont






So the past couple of days, we had to go out to Claremont for Star Testing. This was the one thing we had been dreading about being a part of a public charter school!! I was so worried how Bella would feel about the testing. But it ended up being totally fine! She came out of her tests happy and completely unfazed. She said it was easy! Gosh, it's nice how things work out. She tested on both Wednesday and Thursday from 9-12. The first day was cold and gloomy so my friend Amanda and I hung out in a cute bakery called "Some Crust" in the heart of adorable Claremont, while her son, Lala and Ceci colored. The next day, which was sunny, we hung out at a park and the kids had a blast.

On Wednesday, after the testing, we went to see my friend Lorell and her kids, Abby and Seth. We had not seen them for over a year!! What a wonderful reunion!! We got to hang for 3 hours before we had to leave for the Armory.

On Thursday, after the testing, we decided to wander Claremont a bit because it is just so charming. What a cute, hippy, college town! We stopped because I HAD to check out "Espiritu." What a beautiful store full of Mexican folk art! We then went into a new store called "No Sugar Added" which carries organic clothing and natural toys for babies! They gave us balloons there. I LOVED the name of this Yoga studio. Later, I was delighted to find that the Birkenstock store was owned by the same lady that owned the Pasadena store I used to shop at 20 years ago. I bought my first Birk's from her (and my 2nd & 3rd!) back in the late 80's! It was really great to see her! She closed the Pasadena store 5 years ago but her Claremont store is still going strong. We had lunch at a place called "Full of Life," peeked in a toy store and then headed back to Alhambra. We needed to meet Susan at the Farmer's Market!

No comments: