Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May Day!

















What a sweet May Day we had!










One of the best parts is that we had had no expectations of meeting our friends today because Bella was scheduled to do Star Testing! :( (which is what we've done the past two days in Claremont.) We were so bummed to think we would miss May Day with our friends to do testing! But then Bella's testing finished yesterday! So we realized we could go!! Yay!

Our May Faire was in Encino at Balboa Park. To start, everyone made flower garlands to wear in our hair. We braided twine and then put flowers and ribbon in it. Soon after, all the kids and some moms got to dance around the maypole!! It was really fun. I got to lead the singing. We sang lots of spring songs but especially "The First of May." To be honest, I was dying to sing that song so I was sooooooooo happy that I could!! Claudia sang with me and many of the children that knew it.

Good morning lords and ladies, it is the first of May!
We hope you'll view our garland it is so bright and gay
For it is the first of May, oh, it is the first of May!
Remember lords and ladies, it is the first of May!

(and there are 3 more verses, btw!)

PS I still have lots to catch up on but I just had to blog today's fun. Scroll down for some new posts!!

2 comments:

Yannie said...

wonderful family

cynthia said...

I fun, your girls look beautiful as always!
I want to learn that song!