Saturday, May 9, 2009

A nice Saturday

Today we finally started building one of our raised garden beds. Our lives have been soooooo busy that we just have not had the time!! Craig worked very hard putting this 16' x 4' redwood bed together. We now just need to dig holes to put the posts in and then fill it in. We would have finished, but we wanted to rush off to an Art Festival in Studio City.

I wanted to go to this art festival for several reasons. First, because I LOVE art festivals! Second, because I had decided not to go to The Dead concert even though I really wanted to. But for some reason, I just kept feeling like I shouldn't go. I have not seen the Dead since 1990, and this may be their last tour ever. I almost bought tickets several times, but just couldn't. I finally decided not to go and then I felt very peaceful. (I truly feel the Holy Spirit was guiding me because I had prayed a lot about it.) So I went to the art festival to try not to think about the fun I was missing at the Dead show! I really needed it!




The third reason I wanted to go to the art festival is because I was going to pick up a BEAUTIFUL bracelet that I couldn't stop thinking about. A couple weeks ago, I went to an art festival at the Waldorf school. I saw a bracelet that was totally me, but didn't buy it. Days later, I was still thinking about it so I emailed the artist to tell her how much I wanted it! I didn't hear back from her right away and worried if I would. Almost a week later, she wrote back and told me I could come get it at the art festival in Studio City!! She is a glass artist and made each of the beads herself! She, Lucia, does the most beautiful work! Oh, how I love this bracelet, and what a fun time we had at the festival!!







We then went to the South Pasadena Art Fest to my friend Amanda's studio. She had some gorgeous sculptures on display. (The picture does NOT do them justice.) They are little boxes with hinged doors that open and close. They are covered in beautiful papers and together they have a quilt look to them. It was fun hanging out with Amanda and her husband for a while and checking out the art of all the other artists in her studio. It was a fun day, (even though I sort of kept feeling I was missing out on a fun concert!)

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Sounds like it was a good time, anyway. :)

Glad you got the bracelet!!!