Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Brother's Visit!



This weekend, I had a wonderful visit from my brother, Harold, my sister-in-law, Sandra, my nieces, Yazandra and Ariana, and my nephew, little Harold. They came late Friday night and it was great to wake up to them here on Saturday morning. My girls were THRILLED to have their cousins here to play with. Of course, things started with playing with chickies! My nieces loved them. After some breakfast, (even though it really wasn't hot!) my brother and all the kids went swimming. They had a blast!




We had a really nice day just being together. We sat in the yard much of the day talking and the girls played and played. In the evening, we went to Susan's opening but then met my dad, brother and family at the Dodger game!! I had not been to a Dodger game in maybe 3 years! (I think Craig took the girls in 07?) The truth is, I have always really enjoyed going to Dodger games but it seems we've been too busy the past couple of years. Tonight it felt really good to be back! I LOVE L.A!








































The kids LOVED the game! My nieces had recently played on a softball team so they really paid attention. It was great when the Dodgers won in the 10th inning 2-1! I LOVED the excitement all the fans felt--it kinda made me feel like we were all one big family. It was fun to see the team all hugging and high-fiving too. And It was GREAT when Randy Newman's "I love L.A." came on. We all sang and danced to it! How I really do love L.A!
















The next day we all went to church together. My nieces looked so pretty in their pink dresses! I got this wonderful picture of all the girls under my mom's flowers.









After church and lunch, we headed over to Forest Lawn to visit my mother's grave. We brought flower's from our home which I would think she would really like!! Most of what we brought, she planted herself!










After visiting her grave, we went to another part of the cemetery where the graves of my two grandma's and two uncles are buried. When we got home, my brother had to pack up and leave. We were so sad to have to say goodbye! All the girls had such a time together!

1 comment:

Ramona said...

What a fun post! I love Dodger games, but I must confess after I have had my Dodger Dog, I good to leave! Fun LA memories! Beautiful shots of your yard--how fun to have a pool!