Sunday, October 26, 2008

Autumn and Halloween


This past week we've had a lot of fun enjoying the season and getting ready for Halloween. Our circle times have been full of autumn and Halloween songs and verses. Here's our favorite:

Three little pumpkins, lying very still
In a pumpkin patch up on a hill
The first one said, "I'm very green,
But I'll be orange by Halloween"
The second one said, "I'm on my way,
To be a Jack-O-Lantern some day."
The third one said, "Oh my, oh my,
Tonight I'll be a pumpkin pie!"







Our walks have been nice although the weather feels more like summer than fall! We were happy to see that our neighbor's persimmon tree is full. We knocked on her door and she let us pick a bag full! It gave us the courage to ask another neighbor the next day if we could pick some of his apples. They were delicious!! Some were worm eaten so we knew they were pesticide-free!

We did the funnest craft-- haunted mansions with windows full of scary characters!!

I also told the cutest story about a witch who needed a home so she made one out of orange paper-- she put certain cuts into the paper and when we opened it up it was a jack o lantern!! It was so easy, but so fun. The girls asked me to tell it again the next day. Here's how to do it if you're interested. I'm so lucky to be on home schooling lists that give such great tips like these.

A lot of time was spent on shopping for fabric & patterns and then making witch costumes this week. I had a lot of fun making them, thank heavens they were very easy!! Our ward Halloween party was last night and we needed to be ready!

3 comments:

susan said...

Holy Smokes!!!!!!! you sewed those??????????

susan said...

You completely schooled Andre'ws costime, you rock and blow my mind, mama!

chiggyz said...

You did make the costumes!!! You have so much energy and so much talent. You are amazing.