Sunday, October 5, 2008

Did you get to watch it? :)


I LOVED General Conference this weekend. It was sooooo uplifting and soul-filling. It just makes me want to do better!! My favorite talk was by Elder Quentin L. Cook who spoke on trials and how they are essential for our growth. How I needed that reminder. Elder L. Tom Perry's talk on simplifying was wonderful as well. I was very touched by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's talk on angels--so beautiful! I also truly enjoyed President Thomas S. Monson's Sunday morning talk on gratitude and enjoying the journey of life. How I wish I would keep these wonderful words in my heart at all times! How grateful I am for our Savior and His gospel. How grateful I am for inspired leaders that testify and teach of Him. To hear any of these talks, you can click here and then click on the talk you would like to hear.

4 comments:

susan said...

I watched and listened but mostly heard Andrew's ongoing life commentary instead. little kids should get a medal for these weekends...their parents too!

Brenda said...

YEA! My favorite 2 weekends of the year. I can't wait to watch! I love our leaders. I know they are inspired to guide us.

Yea, you have a pop up window now and I'm still hearing your music.

Tammy said...

It was WONDERFUL as always! We are so used to seeing all 4 sessions on tv here, that when the 4th wasn't broadcasted, we had to scramble and find it on the internet. We missed about the first 20 minutes or so of the last session.

I loved the children's choir on Saturday especially. Emily and I both teared up when they sang I am a Child of God.

cynthia said...

The childrens choir was amazing!!THank you Suzy for the link!!! I need to rewatch some!