Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bella's Jewelry & Photo Shoot!




So now that the dress was finished, I just needed to make Bella some matching jewelry. We had already gone to (the dreaded!) mall earlier this week and found her the perfect little ballet flats and a beautiful pearl headband and earrings, but I wanted to make her a special matching baptism necklace and bracelet that she can wear when she is baptized. I have a pretty nice bead collection because once upon a time I made jewelry to sell at Christmas boutiques. So this morning I made her this necklace and bracelet. I wanted to keep them really simple. For the necklace, I used tiny pearls and then put an aquamarine drop in the middle with a few aquamarine beads in between the pearls. I chose pearls because they represent purity and preciousness and the aquamarine to symbolize the waters of baptism. :) I then made a bracelet with larger pearls, the aquamarine beads and a heart clasp. I am very happy with how they turned out! Once she was all put together, I thought she looked STUNNING! (I am a mother in love with my children!)





































So this afternoon I took these wonderful pictures of my baby. We borrowed the gorgeous backgrounds of a couple of our neighbors. I especially love these daisies!! I am so happy with how they turned out! Once I got my favorite one printed, I spent the rest of the evening making invitations. Tomorrow is my birthday, and I really wanted to celebrate today, (my dream would have been lunch at the Inn of the 7th Ray and maybe Karaoke in the evening?) but I knew I couldn't have fun until I got these things done! It's the best present for me to have these things accomplished! I am really happy.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

She looks so pretty...you did a really nice job with all the preparations.

Congrats Bella!

bwyatt said...

She lives up to her nickname beautiful, Bella. I'm impressed with it all. You are very talented Suzy. I LOVE the dress and jewelry.