Friday, June 5, 2009

We are CRAZY!!

So last night, or I should say early this morning, Craig and I went to Grad night at Disneyland. Craig was asked by his work to be a chaperone and he came home all excited one day a couple weeks ago saying we could go to Disneyland for free! That sounded GREAT!! We LOVE Disneyland! We had passes from about 2003 to about 2007 and went A LOT. But we sort of burnt out going so often so we hadn't been for the past two years. (We also really can't afford it!) So the thought of going sounded wonderful, especially with my birthday coming this Sunday, it felt like an early birthday present! We thought it went from around 9pm to early morning and I planned to leave around midnight or 1am.

In reality, we got to Craig's school around 9pm and we left around 10pm. When they gave us the tickets, they said 11:30pm to 6:30am!! And there didn't seem to be a way that I could leave early. Uh oh! We took a bus over with SCREAMING crazy students. It was wild!! And LOUD!! And we were their chaperones!

After the crazy bus ride, we had to go through a whole bunch of security but finally we were in the park! The place was NUTS! It was like they turned Disneyland into a giant techno/hiphop/house dance club! It was totally surreal. I thought it was kinda cool (at first.) "All the single ladies" by Beyonce was playing and I kinda like that song. Here we are with the castle-turned-danceclub behind us.

We headed to Space Mountain right away. I guess that was everybody's idea because next thing we knew, we were in a crazy crowd that was so tight, it was scary. I kept thinking of my kids and decided to just get out of the line. I went under a rope where there was space for breathing room and Craig followed. It turned out we had just totally cut to very close to the front of the line! No one noticed or cared. So we stayed in line and got on the ride pretty shortly after!

Of course, Space Mountain was awesome. Craig and I planned to kiss for the picture, but I had no idea when it was going to happen! So Craig was doing what we planned! :)



























We then went on some of our favorite rides. We also got to eat at the Plaza Inn where they gave us a complementary dinner and breakfast. (Which was nice, but not yummy.)





As the night went on, things started to get weird. As it got later, and we got more tired, all we wanted was to go home and go to bed. We were so tired, we kinda didn't know what we were doing anymore. And we had to stay as chaperones! I kept feeling so old! But it was comforting to see 18 year-olds falling asleep too. The techno/hip hop stuff started to become grating and it started to feel like we were in a a really bad dream! From like 3 to 4:30am we rode the train around the park over and over again and just slept. I think I can safely say I will never go to another grad night again! It was weird to see the sun coming up at Disneyland. The next time we go, it will be in the daytime and with our three sweet girls!

3 comments:

Ana-Maria said...

Nice family.

Tammy said...

Loved this post, Suzy. We had so much fun taking the girls there last summer! :)

bwyatt said...

How fun! I went there for grad night about 7 years ago;) I don't think I slept at all the next morning.
I love the story of you both cutting.