Thursday, June 25, 2009

I loved his music.

I am soooooo sad. I don't necessarily mourn his death. I mourn what his life turned into quite some time ago. I have always been so saddened by some of the awful things that transpired that I prefer not to think about them. And I'm so sorry he felt he had to keep changing his looks. He was so handsome in the early 80's and didn't need to change a thing. I will remember him looking the way he did then.

But his voice and his talent were AMAZING. What a phenomenal and gifted performer! I will always remember him for that. I will remember him for the great songs that are a part of my life forever. I loved "Off the Wall" as an 11 year-old and remember listening to it through all my years, even as a 20 year-old deadhead and still as a 40 year old mom!

His talent, voice, music and the memories associated with his music will live on forever in our hearts.

God bless you, Michael. I wish you peace.

1 comment:

winkieburger said...

Andrew and I are totally bummed as well! We watched the funeral and we both were so sad as we remembered all the great moments his music was a part of.