Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Birthday!!


Today was my birthday. There were not a lot of options for partying because it was a Sunday! But I had a WONDERFUL birthday. By the way, I turned FORTY!! Can it be true?

My sweet and kind husband and sweet little girls made me breakfast in bed. The girls literally squeezed me fresh orange juice! They wre so excited to help and surprise me. Craig made me bacon and quiche!! ( I LOVE quiche!) Also, yogurt with blueberries and blackberries. The best part was the cute delivery by my girls! (Look at Ceci with the orange juice!) And the roses! The breakfast was DELICIOUS!

We then went to a very nice church meeting.


After church, Craig told me I could relax while he made lunch. It was a little while, but I was surprised with THIS!! A beatuiful tea party!!






There were egg-salad sandwiches, salmon sandwiches, cucumber sandwiches, olive-cream cheese sandwiches, and lots of veggies. YUM!! And we had raspberry tea with honey. We then had blueberry scones with cream and jam. YUM!










Here I am with the sweet man who worked so hard to do all this! He is sooooooooo thoughtful. I mean, how many men are capable of this?









Later, everybody sang to me and I blew out four candles representing FOUR DECADES! It was REALLY REALLY nice.

(P.S. I'm still hoping for a karaoke party somewhere down the line when all my sisters come to visit! I need to do something crazy to make me still feel young!) But what a perfect birthday I had. I am so thankful for my precious husband and children!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Happy birthday Suzy! 40 years. Yup, that's what I'm looking forward to in another week and a half, too. How did 40 happen? That's MY question, lol

Your hubby and girls were so sweet to make your day special.

Krista Lou Cook said...

What a wonderful birthday! Happy 40th!!!

winkieburger said...

Ack, I'm glad I didn't say anything at church on Sunday to ruin the surprise tea party! LaLa talked non-stop about it during primary and class. She was so excited about it!

Shelly said...

Wow!! That is an impressive birthday and all planed and made by Craig. You have a good man. Even the table was set so nicely. Happy Birthday!

bwyatt said...

Wow Suzy that looks like an awesome day. You don't look 40.

chiggyz said...

Happy 40th Suzy. I wish I could have come to your tea party. Craig puts the Beehive Tea Room to shame!!!