Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day































Our day started off really leisurely. We totally slept in. By the time I got up after 10, the girls were playing with Standing and Craig and Tom were playing music together. (Tom on piano and Craig on guitar doing Jobim.) The kids watched Miyazaki's "My Neighbor Totoro" which is one of the greatest animated movies ever made! We all felt so lazy, I don't know how we finally got ourselves out the door to go to the beach--I think it was around 2pm!

We went to La Jolla shores. I had never been before. It was a beautiful beach, and the tide was super low. It was nice. There was so much beach, in spite of so much crowd. The kids got to digging and sandcastle-making immediately.

The Fraser's had brought a boogie board and Bella kept begging to use it. She had never done it before so Tom said he would teach her how. This beach was the perfect place to learn. The waves were coming in so soft yet stretching out for 60 feet or more. Bella caught on right away. She would catch a wave and go for quite a while. It made her look like such a big girl! She had a GREAT time.

While Bella boogie boarded, Lala found a ton of seashells and Standing and Ceci played in the sand. Later Bella and Standing went out in the water for a while. Soon, a sea monster emerged from the water chasing Bella and Lala! It was all so fun. I just took pictures pretty much non-stop. I really enjoy life through that little lens.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I love the sea monster photo! :)

susan said...

What a great Labor Day.