Monday, September 29, 2008

So beautiful!!

So this morning I slept in because I have a cold. :(  (Too much running around, I know.)  But anyways, I was delighted and surprised to wake up to the sound of rain.  My window was open and it sounded so beautiful.  I peeked out to look at the rain and found a nice surprise in our back yard . . . our avocado tree is bearing fruit again!!!  It's been about 2 years.  We had to give it a big trim back then and so we are just now getting fruit again.  YAY!  I saw around 8 avocados!

So I decided to go out to the front porch to look at the rain.  I know that the picture gives it away, but I thought: "I wonder if there's a rainbow out there?"  So I walked all the way out to the front of our front yard to find that yes, there was, right over the house!!  I got so excited, I ran in the house and woke Craig and the girls up and brought them out to see.  The rain was so light, I was afraid it was going away.  Oh, it was soooooooooooooooo beautiful!!  I just wish I could figure out how to put a picture of it in the header of this blog!! (Okay, yay! With my sister Brenda's help, I figured it out!!)

3 comments:

Brenda said...

YES, ME BRENDA, COMPUTER AND BLOGGING GURU!!!! HA, HA!
I am soooooo jealous of your rainbow! It should be mine. I live on a tropical island! But, on second thought, it belongs over my childhood home. A symbol of the love and nurturing I received there. A tribute to my wonderful parents.

susan said...

So many magical miracles have happened in this house and so many dear dear people have lived there!

cynthia said...

What could be more beautiful!!! My beautiful home with a rainbow. You can even see the avacado tree sticking up in the back! Maybe it was a gift from Mom!...Man I love that place!!