Monday, September 22, 2008

Our second week of school and other stuff

We had a very busy week last week! I was so tired every night that I couldn't bring myself to blog at all-- yet, I can't just NOT blog things!! So I'm going to try to catch up tonight.







On Tuesday, we drove down to Fallbrook with Brieanne and her kids to visit a puppy that she is going to buy when it's weaned. Oh my goodness, we're these puppies and their mama CUTE! The kids had a total blast playing with these pups for around 2 hours. They nursed, they played, they slept, and played some more. Afterwards, we had lunch at a cute health food store in town. Then we played in a cute toy shop that carries natural toys such as Haba. It was a big day and a long drive!























On Wednesday, we met our friends Claudia (my friend) and her daughters Tamar and Callista at the Huntington Library. We had a WONDERFUL time. Claudia and I relaxed on a bench under a umbrella while the girls played in this ADORABLE little playhouse and had a "snail" tea party. Yes, the girls had found a ton of snails and brought them to the table . . . I thought it was interesting when I found this bronze sculpture of a snail right on the doorway. We also wandered the new Chinese garden--I had not seen it completely finished yet--it's just amazing. The girls had SOOOOOOO MUCH fun! The bookstore was pretty fun too--with all the fairy things!









Thursday evening was my ward's Enrichment Fall Social. We had a potluck dinner in the backyard of the home of our Relief Society president. We had a wonderful turnout and I could tell all the sisters had a really nice time. Craig and I were the entertainment!! :) Since we're a little out of practice, we sort of ended up winging it. But people told us they really enjoyed our music. We did "All I have to do is dream," "Helpless," "All my lovin'," "I will," "Girl from Ipanema," "Only love can break your heart," "Dream a little dream," "In my life," "Big Yellow Taxi," "Comes a time," "And I love her," and "Sabor a mi." It was pretty fun. I'm so glad that I can do music with Craig--



On Friday, Craig and I went on a "date." We had not been out like that since my birthday in June. We went to the Scarlett Tea Room in Old Town Pasadena. It was perfect because I was able to have a full tea service and Craig got dinner. We ended up sharing everything. Every bite was soooooooooo good! And there was a pianist there playing the most beautiful music. Afterwards, we walked around Old Town and hung out in Barnes and Noble. It was really fun. So nice to be away from the kids for a while.


On Saturday, we drove to San Diego to attend a party for Craig's Aunt Lenna. She is a wonderful lady. It was so nice to see her and her son, Steve. We later had dinner at Steve's home with her and his family. It was such a nice visit--they are such great people. This was my first time getting to know them.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Gracious! Why do all your pictures loo like a fairyland? The snail tea party is adorable. I really wish it were me at the Scarlet Tea Room with you. That was a perfect afternoon we spent there.