Monday, June 21, 2021

Morning Glory's first gig!























Well, we played our first gig at a restaurant in Topanga Canyon called Abuelita's last night. I was sooooo nervous!!--my heart was pounding! I was especially nervous when I saw that a bunch of my wonderful friends from church (including the newlyweds, Mike and Jaime!) came to support us/me.

After a couple songs, we got pretty into it.  My nerves totally mellowed.  The regular crowd really seemed to enjoy our music and danced a lot.  Some favorites were "Scarlet Begonias," "Fire on the Mountain," "Uncle John's Band" and the Stones' "Dead Flowers." We got lots of positive feedback and we were invited to come back in June!!  It was really soooo much fun!
5/3/08

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

AWESOME!!! Good Job! You guys look great!! Where do you get your FABULOUS skirts!!!

saskia said...

fire on a mountain, oh i love it! love that song! I could be jealous of you, but instead I'll be happy of your amazing talent, post a video of your band!

chiggyz said...

You are so rad!!! Wish I was there. I'm sure you were awesome.