Monday, June 21, 2021

Thank you!! for a real good time . . .

I mentioned it in an earlier post, but I felt I needed to write more officially that I quit my wonderful band. It's taken me this long to accept that it's true. :( It was a really hard decision that I really did not want to make-- but I know it's best for my family. I was probably crazy to join in the first place . . . but I AM crazy! And I'll always be a deadhead. :) For a while there, I couldn't even walk into my living room without wanting to cry-- knowing we would not have our wonderful band practices there with my kids running around and my Dad hanging out in the next room. We made such beautiful music!! I just hope all my band mates know how much I love them and how I really wished I could keep doing it. Telling the band was sooooo hard because I didn't want it to be true. I told them that I will always feel that each and every practice and performance we had together was a gift. I really mean that. This picture is from our favorite gig ever that we did at the Whole Earth Festival in Davis. What a blast we had! I love how happy Dan looks (on keys.) Thank you, Morning Glory, for letting me live out a rock 'n' roll fantasy. Thank you for making me feel 20 again and giving me the opportunity to sing my heart out. I love you all.

1 comment:

cynthia said...

I will miss you being in a band too! BUT.. you did the right thing. It's hard being a mom and juggling other things too. This is not the end though... you'll keep singing. Maybe they will invite you back for a special occation or two.