Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve











We had a wonderful Christmas Eve. It started with Craig and the girls baking a Nativity set from gingerbread! My dear friend Susan had given the cookie cutter set to us when she was visiting. Meanwhile, I finished last minute gift-making with the girls, wrapping, lots of cleaning and then I set the table.

Grandma Ginny (and later, Craig) made one of our favorite dinners-- pasta, meatballs, green beans, salad, and bread. We lit our 5th Advent candle and sang "Away in a Manger" before we blessed the food. Everything was delicious!

After dinner, I bathed the girls and gave them some brand new organic red pajamas from Hanna Anderson. (They were on sale for half price!) They LOVED them! Then, we went into the living room to do the Nativity story. My dad read the scriptures from Helaman 14 (from the Book of Mormon,) Luke 2, and Matthew 2. The girls used the gingerbread cookies to act out the Nativity while Grandpa read. We sang many beautiful songs throughout: "Samuel the Lamanite," "Stars were gleaming," Away in a Manger," "Far, far away on Judea's plains" and "Joy to the World." It was very nice. I never get tired of reading such a special story or singing the songs.

I have to highlight my BEAUTIFUL new candle holder that Eric (Brieanne's husband) had given us earlier in the day. He made it from a fallen branch from a tree in their yard. It can hold tapers and votives and I LOVE it! I put it on our piano behind our little white nativity and it looked beautiful. Thank you Eric and Brieanne, I LOVE it!

Before we put the girls to bed, Craig read "The 12 days of Christmas," "The Christmas Cat," and the"Twas the Night before Christmas." It was pretty late, so the girls were tired and fell quickly to sleep.

(We had a lot of work to do! :) )

1 comment:

Brenda said...

LOVE IT! I'm buying one. That is the cutest cookie cutter set ever!