Tuesday, December 23, 2008

El Coyote and Temple Lights







We've been wanting to see the lights at the Los Angeles temple and we've also been wanting to eat at and support the restaurant "El Coyote." So we decided to do both tonight since they're not too far from each other!

I'm very happy to report that El Coyote was completely crowded and that people had to wait to get a table. The food was delicious--even better than I remember. We had a great time. If you are an LA resident, please support this restaurant--it deserves it for many reasons!

We then went to the Temple and looked at all the lights. They were gorgeous! We especially loved the new white nativity set they put up. We wandered around as long as we could because it was pretty freezing out there. (I was very happy that I had just gotten my new winter coat the day before--my last one was taken by someone who must've needed it more than me.)

I love to go to the Temple. It is very peaceful there and I truly know it is the house of the Lord.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh wow, you have coats on in these pictures! lol. I didn't know it got cold in California!

You know the photo with your family all together and the nativity is behind you? Well the little "squares" (I don't know how else to describe them) on the temple? They look just like the ones on the Idaho Falls temple!

Suzy said...

Tammy,

I just looked it up and the Idaho Falls Temple is the 8th operating and the Los Angeles is the 10th! They were both announced in the same year (1937) although Idaho was dedicated in '45 and LA in '56. But they have a lot of similarities. I LOVE my LA Temple! My parents and all my sisters and I were married there.

Suzy said...

PS Tammy-- Yes, about the cold, it was probably low 40's to high 30's with a lot of wind! Does that sound cold to you? I was freezing! But I know it gets a lot colder in Idaho.