Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Winter Faire
































We love to go to the fairs they have at our local Waldorf schools. Yesterday they had their Winter Faire at Highland Hall in Northridge. We had such a sweet time. When we got there, Ceci was asleep. So Craig (who's been a little under the weather,) sent Bella, Lala and I in while he slept for a while too! :)

What fun we had!! And everything was decorated so beautifully! There were lots of vendors selling handmade items, (I bought a little wooden car for our friend,) there was yummy food to eat, music playing in two locations, storytelling and lots of crafts to make. After we scoped everything out, we got to hear a Christmas story told by a wonderful storyteller. Then, we went to decorate some cookies. I can't believe how many sprinkles the girls were able to successfully pile onto their cookies!! Afterwards, we went to dip our own candles. That was soooooooo much fun! There were tables set up in a circle with several pots of beeswax and water so you could dip into the wax and then into water. After going around twice (dipping around 12 times,) your candle was ready!! The girls had sooooo much fun doing this and I LOVED watching! We then sat down and decorated the candles with some colored pieces of beeswax and then did one last dip to seal the wax on. They are sooooooo beautiful! When we came out of the candle-dipping room, we found Craig and Ceci.

The girls then went into the "angel room" with some tickets where they could pick out little gifts. We scored on a super-cute fairy and a tiny fairy baby among other things. Throughout the fair, there were wizards carrying bags full of little treasures that you could reach into and take from!! That was super-fun. The girls got golden walnuts, little wooden polar bears, and snowflake necklaces from a little winter angel. The last thing we did was pick things from the pocket-lady/Winter Queen! Bella and Lala got wooden star wands and Ceci got a wooden Christmas tree! What a fun time! We didn't even want to leave!

We had to rush off though because I had been asked to sing with my friends Jennelle, and her mom, Sunshine at their church Christmas party. We sang "Mary, did you know?" "Peace, Peace" and "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas." How I LOVE harmonizing with these dear friends and ESPECIALLY singing wonderful Christmas songs! I LOVE the lyrics to "Mary, did you know?" I love thinking of how our Savior came to this earth as a precious newborn baby. I wish I could have seen Him!

4 comments:

cynthia said...

I love those striped dresses!!!
David Archuleta sang "Mary did you know" too!

Brenda said...

Wow! I'd never heard that song until a few days ago at Brandon's Show Choir performance. I LOVE IT! I bought 2 versions on itunes. I wish I could hear YOU sing it right now! Thanks to Cindy I am listening to David Archuleta sing it right now. But I think I'd rather hear you sing it soft and churchy rather than all jazzed up. I liked several jazzed up versions, but I kept wanting to find a gentle Sacrament Meeting type version too. The girls are adorable in the striped dresses! I still think of you when I listen to my "A Long Time Ago" (new recording).

chiggyz said...

Hi Suzy--
Thanks for all of your very nice comments on my blog!!!! I haven't been able to blog because our computer got a virus. We have been having fun and Naui has been home--yeah! (Although he did go to St. George with Mike and Brian to golf yesterday--it was 70 degrees there.) You look gorgeous in that picture with the two other very pretty girls. I love Mary Did You Know. I hear it a lot on the radio. I haven't heard David Archuleta sing it. I will listen for it. I wish I could have heard you sing it. Your girls look adorable like little candy canes. You do the sweetest things with them.

La Familia Torres said...

Next time you sing especially with Jenelle you better tell me! I'm so sad I miss all of your singing. I live so close and gas is great now so please call me and tell me! YOU look so beautiful! Gema my friend was just saying you don't look your age. She loves your blog. You are pretty amazing girl! I love you!