Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Sunday Before Christmas



Today we had a WONDERFUL Christmas program for Sacrament meeting. I wish I could post all the talks and musical performances because they were so sweet. I got to sing a song with our ward women's choir and then I got to sing "O Holy Night" as a solo. I LOVE that song so I really enjoyed singing it.

For church, I dressed the girls in their newest dresses that I bought them at the Eco Gift Expo. They are made of organic cotton and soy and the lace is recycled. They are from Twirls and Twigs. With our tree finally up and decorated, I thought we should take a nice family picture in front of it! :)



Because today is winter solstice, we finally took down our autumn nature table and replaced it with my favorite nativity set. It was hard to take it down because it really reflects what it looks like outside here in sunny So. California right now!! We have lots of pretty autumn leaves on the trees still and definitely no snow! But . . .

Autumn goodbye, autumn goodbye
You may no longer stay
Winter is on its way
Autumn goodbye, autumn goodbye

3 comments:

Tammy said...

We have those same postcards!!! I think they came in a set of about 10 or so.....

Where did you get your tree from?

Tammy said...

I wish you lived here. We would so love to have you in our lds waldorf group of mamas. So, so, so much.....

Suzy said...

Tammy,
Yes, I LOVE that postcard set. Especially the Christmas ones. I got mine from a Toy Garden. We got our tree at Osh!! We were buying some new kitchen chairs, too!

I know Idaho would be VERY COLD for me, but you don't know how much I wish I lived near you guys. You seem to have such a wonderful group!!