Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The girls got their ears pierced!












So while we were at this mall, I decided that today was the day to get my two bigger girls' ears pierced! We've been meaning to do it for a few months now, but life is sooooooo busy. Today was the day!! Being half Mexican, I had always thought that I would pierce my future baby girl's ears in her infancy-- like ASAP.  But when Bella was born, the white girl came out in me and I realized I didn't want to do anything to her perfect ears.  Every time I thought about it, my heart would start pounding really hard.  I got my ears pierced by my Mexican grandma with a needle and thread when I was seven.  I told Bella about a year ago that she could get hers pierced whenever she was ready.  A few months ago she said she was ready!

So as we were on our way to Claire's to do it, we got roped in by some guys selling some fancy ceramic hair straighteners and curling irons.  As one put the hard sell on me, one curled Bella's hair and then straightened Lala's hair.  (That's how long it took me to get away from them!!  I was not about to buy a $350 straightening iron)  Anyways, it was fun to see Bella's hair curly and Lala's hair straight.  Its what they both wish for!  (Don't we always wish for what we don't have?)

So on we went to Claire's.  They both chose the pink flower earrings.  I was nervous!!  And so scared the lady wouldn't do it where I wanted it!  The girls were so brave.  They cried a bit but they were happy.  I LOVE their smiles through the tears.  They love having pierced ears!

3 comments:

susan said...

Lala looks like such a big girl in these pictures, and Bella looks younger to me. What a big day for everyone.

chiggyz said...

When we were in Ecuador a year ago December my in-laws wanted me to pierce Elena's ears. I told them she was too little. I think she was one and three months. I think that 7 is a good age but I do love babies with pierced ears too.

Brenda said...

Wow! now Summer is really going to have to work up the courage to get hers re-pierced. Her younger cousins can't be braver than she is! Beautiful girls! Lala looks much older with straight hair!