Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sewing Easter Dresses



I decided a few weeks back that I wanted to make the girls their Easter dresses.  I wanted to be like my mom who always made us matching Christmas and Easter dresses.  This was no small task for her because I have three sisters and she would many times make one for herself!!  I also wanted to do it because we have been reading "Little House" books and they always made their own clothes.  I wanted to show the girls the almost lost art of doing it yourself.

So I went to Michael Levine's in downtown L A.  I found ORGANIC fabric for only $4 a yard!!  It was voile (see-through) so I had to double it.  But I found this beautiful aqua color and I am determined to do this!  Today (yesterday) I cut and almost finished Bella's dress by around midnight.  I hope I can get the others done!!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

You are such and inspiration to me! If I ever have children, I hope I am a Mother like you!

noelle said...

I looove Michael Levine- I have to go whenever I'm in LA. I can't wait to see the finished dress, I bet your cute little gals looked fabulous!

Tammy said...

Oh, I can't wait to see these!

Organic fabric.....sounds scrumptious. :)

susan said...

I can't wait to see those dresses!