Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Wonderful Easter lesson

After we had some lunch and took a little rest, I gave an Easter lesson to the girls (while the Easter bunny hid eggs!)  I really wanted to share this lesson with you all--because it really ties Easter eggs in with the Savior's death and resurrection.  I DID NOT create this-- my friend gave it to me and I don't know who to give the credit to.  I just think it's wonderful!  My girls really enjoyed it and I just love the fact that the last egg is empty!!  I am so grateful for our Savior and his willingness to give his life for us!!  I am so grateful for the resurrection!!

Easter Egg Lesson

Need:
12 plastic eggs 
sacrament cup
3 dimes
small piece of knotted twine
small chunk of hand soap
small square of red velvet
small cross made from toothpicks
2 nails
small pair of dice
tiny bag of crushed rocks
small square of white fabric
a stone
a few bay leaves or other herbs
(Optional-- Pictures of scenes from the Easter story)

Numbered Eggs:
1. Matthew 26:39 (sacrament cup)
2. Matthew 26:14-15 (3 dimes)
3. Matthew 27:1-2 (knotted twine)
4. Matthew 27:24-26 (chunk of soap)
5. Matthew 27:28-30 (square of red velvet)
6. Matthew 27:31-32 (cross made out of toothpicks and 2 nails)
7. Matthew 27:35-36 (small pair of dice)
8. Matthew 27:50-51, 54 (tiny bag of crushed rocks)
9. Matthew 27:58-60 (small square of white fabric)
10. Matthew 27:60, 65-66 (a stone)
11. Mark 16:1, Matthew 28:2, 5 (bay leaf or herbs)
12. Matthew 28:6 (empty)

Instructions:

1. Label 12 eggs with the numbers 1-12.

2. Put each of the items into the corresponding numbered egg.

3. Put each scripture reference into each corresponding egg.

4. Share as a lesson by opening each egg and showing each item while reading the corresponding scripture.  Use pictures if you have some.

1 comment:

susan said...

Thanks for telling me about this!